From AOLserver Wiki
Created by Richard Kotal.
This is internal AOLserver database driver for Firebird|Interbase database (http://www.firebirdsql.org).
- support read and write BLOB data
- support read and write ARRAY data
- support full size of varchar (32765 bytes) or char (32767 bytes)
- support many configuration options such as charset, dialect, transaction isolation level, ...
- support all kind of the data types
- support for FB specific functions such as create and drop db, information about db connection
- support for FB events handle
- support for importing data from a file into the BLOB value
- support for writing a BLOB data into the file
- support hexadecimal and base64 representation of the input (set to the db) and output data (read from the db)
Simple sample (update array data):
set db [ns_db gethandle fb15] ns_db dml $db "set transaction" ns_db sp_start $db "update job set language_req = ? where job_code = 'CEO'" ns_db sp_setparam $db "1" "" "in" "[list Eng "" Ger "" Itl]" ns_db sp_exec $db ns_db dml $db "commit" ns_db releasehandle $db
Simple sample (synchronous waiting for events):
set db [ns_db gethandle fb15] set events [list "DEC" "SUN" "HP"] ns_fb event alloc $db $events ns_fb event wait $db ; # process waiting for the occurence of the event set out [ns_fb event catch $db $events] ns_adp_puts "catched events: $out" ns_db releasehandle $db