AOLserver Oracle Driver
Module Owner: Jeremy Collins <mailto:email@example.com>
This driver implements the AOLserver ns_db interface for Oracle. In addition it also provides an extended version of the ns_db inteface through the ns_ora command.
The latest version of the driver can be downloaded from AOLserver's [http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=3152&package_id=65334 SourceForge file download area].
- Latest stable version: nsoracle-2.7.tar.gz
- Latest development version: 2.8 (fetch it from AOLserver CVS)
What's new in nsoracle 2.8
- Better PL/SQL integration (ability to "import" PL/SQL packages and call them as if they were Tcl procs)
- Support DML RETURNING INTO (directly from ns_ora dml)
- Support for describing database objects (currently supports plsql, and synonyms)
- ns_ora getcols command. Return columns in a select as Oracle would see it.
- REF CURSOR support
- Migration to Tcl_Objs