Jump to navigation Jump to search
- ns_requestauthorize - perform authorization check
- ns_requestauthorize method url authuser authpasswd ?ipaddr?
- Ask the server to check permissions using the authProc provided by the nsperm module. This function does the same permission check that the AOLserver does before serving a URL if the nsperm module is loaded.
- The algorithm is as follows:
1. If the authuser is "nsadmin", the password is correct, and the IP address of the client is allowed nsadmin access, then access is authorized.
2. Find the relevant permission record. If an exact match for the method and URL combination is not found, the end of the URL is pared down until a match is found. For example, if there is no match for "/products/cereals/raisin_bran.html," then the server looks for a permission record for the URL "/products/cereals." If that permission record is specified as "Exact URL match is NOT required," then that permission record is used.
By default, the server comes with a row that says GET on "/" is open to the world. If no relevant permission record is found, access is denied (forbidden).
1. If the authuser is in the "Allow Users" list, access is permitted. If the authuser is a member of a group in the "Allow Groups" list and not in the "Deny Users" list, access is permitted.
2. If the host is in the "Hosts to allow" list, access is permitted. If the host is in the "Hosts to deny" list, access is denied.
3. If the request does not come in with authorization data, access is denied.
4. The user and password are verified. If there is no password specified in the database, any password is accepted.
5. Otherwise, access is denied. Return Values: The following values can be returned by ns_requestauthorize.
- This command returns one of the following values:
- OK - The user has permission to execute this URL and method.
- ERROR - There was an error performing the check.
- FORBIDDEN - There is no possible user/password/IP address combination that would give authorization.
- UNAUTHORIZED - The user does not have permission to execute this URL and method.