Jump to navigation Jump to search
]project-open[ is a Web-based project management system for companies with 2-200 employees in the consulting, engineering, advertising, and translation sectors. ]po[ helps you to run your business by covering the entire project life cycle from sales (CRM-light), staffing, execution (timesheet, controlling, incidents, discussions, and file storage) to invoicing and payment.
The ]po[ architecture is designed for mission-critical applications with a rock-solid infrastructure based on AOLserver and OpenACS.
Use of AOLserver
There are about 1000 companies today (March 2007) running ]project-open[:
- About half of the companies use AOLServer 4.0.beta10 on Windows
- The other half uses AOLServer 3.3oacs on Linux
- There are a dozen or so installations on Solaris and BSD (Mac OS)
- Projects Management: Project, Subprojects, Project Planning, Resource Planning, Project Tracking, integration with GanttProject, Project Templates, ...
- Project Finance: Timesheet, Exenses and Travel Costs, Invoicing (fixed & variable cost projects), Project Controlling, Financial Reporting, Profit & Loss, Accounting Export
- Project Collaboration: Wiki, Forum, Filestorage, Bug Tracker, Incident Management
- SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/project-open/
- Developers: http://www.project-open.org/
- Commercial: http://www.project-open.com/